Find Us at
Whessoe Parish Hall, Harrowgate Hill, Darlington DL1 3AA
Welcome to Whessoe Parish Council
This website, in conjunction with our Facebook page, are our main communication methods with our community and we seek to continually refresh and improve the content. Details of our Councillors are available as well as all of our Agendas, Minutes, Financial Reports and Policies and news of what's going on.
Latest Updates From Whessoe Parish Council
- The Agenda for the next meeting of the Parish Council on 26 July 2021 can be found here.
- The draft minutes of the Annual Parish and Annual Parish Council meeting held on 24 May 2021 can be found here on the meetings page.
News and What’s On
- The Council has published it's Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 202-21. As neither payments nor receipts exceeded £25,000, the Council has claimed exemption from a limited assurance review. The Certificate can be found here.
- Supporting documents are published in the Financial Reports section of this website.
- From Wednesday 2 June 2021 anyone has the right to inspect our accounts. The notice can be found here.
- At the Annual Parish Meeting on 24 May the Council published it's Action Plan for 2021-22. You can read it here.
Hall Bookings Facilities
Find out all of the information regarding booking Whessoe Parish Hall for events hereBook Now
Read our Terms and Conditions for hall hire here.
The Parish Council has received an application by Persimmon Homes for reserved matters approval on land at Berrymead Farm (Application no 21/00205/RM1 - documents can be viewed on Darlington Borough Council's planning portal. At the same time we have been consulted by Taylor Wimpey before they make a similar application on land adjacent to that of Persimmon Homes. Both were discussed at the meeting of the Parish Council on 22 March 2021.
The Council resolved not to raise any objections at this stage. However, the Council has asked Taylor Wimpey to explain what they plan to do for the community.
The log of planning applications summarises the Council's actions with planning applications during the last year or so.View Planning Applications
Whessoe Parish Council owns and runs Whessoe Parish Hall on behalf of our community. The Hall has excellent facilities and is available for hire for regular sessions and one-off bookings with discounted rates for those living in the Parish.
Details of what's on, and other news are also published on our notice boards outside of the Hall and on the green area between Camborne Drive and Newlyn Drive on the Harrowgate Farm Estate.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact us.