Find Us at
Whessoe Parish Hall, Harrowgate Hill, Darlington DL1 3AA
Welcome to Whessoe Parish Council
This website, in conjunction with our Facebook page, are our main communication methods with our community and we seek to continually refresh and improve the content. Details of our Councillors are available as well as all of our Agendas, Minutes, Financial Reports and Policies and news of what's going on.
Latest Updates From Whessoe Parish Council
- The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 22 September 2021 in the Parish Hall Committee Room. If you want to attend the meeting please use the furthest door from the car park as there is a class in the main hall. A copy of the Agenda can be found here.
- The draft minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 26 July 2021 can be found here on the meetings page.
News and What’s On
- We have a vacancy for a Parish Councillor. We meet every other month. Why not get involved and be involved in what happens in your community. If you're interested please email the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Council has published it's Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2020-21. As neither payments nor receipts exceeded £25,000, the Council claimed exemption from a limited assurance review. The Certificate can be found here.
- Supporting documents are published in the Financial Reports section of this website.
- At the Annual Parish Meeting on 24 May the Council published it's Action Plan for 2021-22. You can read it here
Hall Bookings Facilities
Find out all of the information regarding booking Whessoe Parish Hall for events hereBook Now
Read our Terms and Conditions for hall hire here.
Traffic Noise on the A167.
We have heard from some residents along the A167 that the amount of traffic noise is increasing. Some are concerned that the problem will exacerbate when building begins on the development at Berrymead Farm (the area of land to the left as you travel from the White Horse pub towards the A1. The Parish Council is gathering evidence to see if there is anything we can use to put pressure on the Borough Council to take action. If this is an issue of concern to you please let us know.
The log of planning applications summarises the Council's actions with planning applications during the last year or so.View Planning Applications
Whessoe Parish Council owns and runs Whessoe Parish Hall on behalf of our community. The Hall has excellent facilities and is available for hire for regular sessions and one-off bookings with discounted rates for those living in the Parish.
Details of what's on, and other news are also published on our notice boards outside of the Hall and on the green area between Camborne Drive and Newlyn Drive on the Harrowgate Farm Estate.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact us.