Find Us at
Whessoe Parish Hall, Harrowgate Hill, Darlington DL1 3AA
Welcome to Whessoe Parish Council
This website, in conjunction with our Facebook page, are our main communication methods with our community and we seek to continually refresh and improve the content. Details of our Councillors are available as well as all of our Agendas, Minutes, Financial Reports and Policies and news of what's going on.
Latest Updates From Whessoe Parish Council
- The draft minutes of the meeting held on 29 November 2021 can be found here.
- The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 22 September 2021 can be found here.
News and What’s On
- We are holding a QUIZ NIGHT on the 10th December 2021 starting at 7pm. Bring your own drinks (entirely your own choice of tipple) and nibbles.
- The Council has published its Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2020-21. As neither payments nor receipts exceeded £25,000, the Council claimed exemption from a limited assurance review. The Certificate can be found here. We are still awaiting the results of the audit from the external auditors.
- Supporting documents are published in the Financial Reports section of this website.
- At the Annual Parish Meeting on 24 May the Council published its Action Plan for 2021-22. You can read it here
Hall Bookings Facilities
Find out all of the information regarding booking Whessoe Parish Hall for events. If you wish to book the Hall please contact the Clerk using the contact details at the top of this page.Book Now
Read our Terms and Conditions for hall hire here.
The Banks Group attended the Council meeting on 29 November and outlined their proposals for the housing development at Beaumont Hill. Local residents should have received a newsletter during the week commencing 29 November setting out more details of the proposal.
The log of planning applications summarises the Council's actions with planning applications during the last year or so.
Whessoe Parish Council owns and runs Whessoe Parish Hall on behalf of our community. The Hall has excellent facilities and is available for hire for regular sessions and one-off bookings with discounted rates for those living in the Parish.
Details of what's on, and other news are also published on our notice boards outside of the Hall and on the green area between Camborne Drive and Newlyn Drive on the Harrowgate Farm Estate.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact us.